Sunday 8 May 2011

Mothers day...

I love mothers day, it is the one day of the year we can sit back and really appreciate what we have done for our babies and its only dedicated to mums!

This year we spent the weekend at Tweed Heads and I can tell you it was one weekend away that we really needed. The last few weeks have been really tough for us and it was nice to finally relax!
We didn't just go for mothers day but was combined with my upcoming birthday.

We spent Friday at Currimbin Wildlife Sanctuary, Bailey loved it! Such a great way to spend a beautiful sunny day. We arrived just before lunch time and spent the afternoon wondering around watching presentations and talks, saw the biggest croc I have ever seen and feeding the kangaroos (Bailey's favorite).

After a fun filled afternoon at the sanctuary we had a short drive to our hotel 'Twin towns outrigger resort', while it was nice it was not overly child friendly. It did have indoor and outdoor heated pools so we were able to go swimming, the beach was a little too cool. It was very convenient to Coolangatta and surrounding shops, parks, restaurants and beaches. We didn't need to take the car out (which I love).

Bailey seemed to attract a lot of attention with his ear to ear smile from the older women, he loved it! Especially at twin towns where we went for dinner on Friday night...

Saturday was spent with a lazy breakfast followed by a swim, a snooze and a huge walk around Coolangatta, spending hours at the parks. Some great 'jungle gyms' finished off with dinner at a little Thai restaurant.

Then Sunday..... mothers day, I woke to a beautifully wrapped present from my boys, a gorgeous 'mum and me' photo frame and a voucher for 80mins worth of anything I like from a massage parlor...Heaven!! I can't wait to use it! We walked to the beach side markets before leaving our hotel and heading out for a mothers day lunch with both our mums.

Again, it was a nice relaxing day, in fact weekend which never seems long enough.....til we had to go grocery shopping on the way home : ( 

How do you like to spend your mothers day, and birthdays...is there any tradition you stick to?

2 comments:

  1. I will post photos when I figure out how to get them off my phone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe photos please :)

    We had lunch at home with my mum and the inlaws. It was nice. Gary cooked duck confit and dahl. I got a beaytiful new wallet and a,handmade card from Sophie with a little handprint notebook and some flowers. Had an awesome day.

    ReplyDelete